The goals of our programs include empowerment, mentorship, entrepreneurship, community building and most important, education. The Riviera Beach Heights Community Garden offers a variety of fun and educational programs for everyone of all ages. Our programs include:
- Taste of the Gardens – Chefs give us recipe ideas and cook foods from our community garden for our friends/neighbors to taste.
- Strawberry Sprouts – This program introduces children to the love and benefits of gardening through hands on teaching, crafting and through many more techniques that engage children of all ages.
- Gardeners in Training – This educational program teaches beginners, the curious and the more experienced in gardening and innovative techniques.
- Healthy Lifestyles – Specialists on various diseases that affect our communities such as diabetes, cancer, Lupus, Sickle Cell Anemia, Hypertension and Heart Disease, come out and speak about these diseases and how eating vegetables and fruit can improve these health conditions. They will also give ideas on how to create healthier lifestyle choices.
- In My Backyard – Every month a small garden will be started in residents’ backyard. The community garden will assist a resident when they complete a certain amount of volunteer hours in the community garden.
- Adopt-A-Plot – The Adopt-A-Plot program extends an invitation to all those interested in adopting a raised bed for gardening organic foods.